Skip to content
Man in commercial setting wrapping a package to ship

Commercial Insurance

As a business ourselves, we understand the importance of having a safe and reliable workplace. We also know that you’re looking for an insurance policy that’s flexible and tailored just for you. With our commercial sector experience and knowledge, Algoma Mutual is here to help you find the insurance solution that meets your business’s unique needs.

We offer comprehensive and thoughtful commercial insurance options at competitive rates for small and home-based businesses in and around the areas of Algoma, Sudbury, North Bay, Timmins, Parry Sound, the Muskokas, and Haliburton. Our expert commercial insurance brokers take the time to understand the coverage needed for your retail store, office, church, or home business.

Our Commercial Insurance Services

We know how important it is to trust your insurance broker to cover your commercial space. All of our business insurance services are backed by our commitment to superior quality and service.

Find a Broker Near You

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I covered if my business gets sued?

Depending on the allegations, your policy can help defend you from legal action against the operations of your business. Notify your broker immediately if an incident occurs that could result in a potential claim or lawsuit. They can discuss what protection and business insurance coverage is available to you.

Am I covered if my business experiences a flood?

Many commercial insurance policies can cover damage to your business as a result of overland flooding. It’s important to speak to your broker to understand how your deductible and any limits can impact exactly how much would be covered. Your insurance broker can provide options to ensure you have the right level of coverage in place.

Am I covered under commercial insurance if a fire causes an interruption to my business?

In the event of a fire or other incident that results in you having to halt or cease operations, business interruption insurance can help cover the costs of lost revenue and additional expenses associated with being temporarily shut down, including employee wages. If you don’t already have one, creating a risk management plan can be very helpful, and useful to refer to during an unexpected event.

Am I covered if I use my personal vehicle for business purposes?

It’s important to notify your insurance broker if you or your employees are using personal vehicles for business purposes. That way, they can add a commercial endorsement to ensure you’re properly protected. If you have company vehicles that are used regularly, such as a commercial fleet, you will require a commercial car insurance policy.

Am I covered if I operate my business out of my home?

Depending on the nature of your home-based business, there are two coverage options available to you. Liability can be extended from your home insurance policy to offer protection for an office in a residence that is low risk and where customers do not visit the premises. For larger-scale operations with expensive business property, which could be at a higher risk of a liability claim, a commercial insurance policy is required.